How to prepare
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out their contents.
- Carefully cut around the top of each pepper so as to create a removable cover. Scoop out the contents.
- Similarly, cut around the top of each of tomato, creating a cover, and scoop out contents.
- Lightly fry the chopped meat and place in a bowl. Add the pine nuts, 2 teaspoons of paprika, the onion powder, parsley, couscous and salt, and mix.
- Fill the aubergine boats; fill the peppers and the tomatoes and replace their covers.
- In a heated frying pan place the garlic cloves, crushed tomatoes, mint leaves, basil, 2 teaspoons of paprika, tarragon and thyme.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F). Pour two-thirds of the sauce into the baking pan and place the stuffed vegetables in the pan. Pour the rest of the sauce over the stuffed vegetables. Cover pan with aluminum foil and place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum cover and grill for an additional 10 minutes.Lightly fry the onions. Add the wine and chicken livers. Cook for about 5 minutes and then remove the chicken livers from the frying pan. Add to pan all other ingredients, except for the couscous.
- Reduce the amount of liquid until thickened. Add the chicken livers and serve immediately on a bed of couscous.
Recipe courtesy of Lilush-Pnini