Couscous, its original product, is a semolina-base couscous, available in Large Grain, Regular or Fine.
How to prepare
- Lay out aluminum foil on your work surface, and place grease-proof paper on top (baking paper or wax paper). Place the meat in the center.
- Place all carpaccio marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour marinade over meat and rub in on both sides.
- Fold up aluminum foil around the meat, and roll, wrapping it like a candy. Place in freezer overnight.
- Prepare couscous following instructions on package. Set aside to cool. Add the rest of the couscous ingredients and mix well. Check taste for adding salt and pepper.
- Cut the meat into very thin slices.
- On each slice of meat place some couscous and roll into a cigar-shape. Serve with slices of lemon and coarse salt.
Recipe courtesy of Amir Calfon, Head Chef, Carmel Forest Health Center and Spa